HP rumored to be considering company "break up"

By Rick
Feb 6, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. In 2011, former CEO Leo Apotheker proposed jettisoning HP's iconic PC business -- a division which suffers from notoriously anemic profit margins -- in an attempt to return HP to greater profitability. Although Apotheker's successor, Meg Whitman, canned that idea,...

Read more
  2. HP needs to be broken up and add EL in the middle. Aren't the to ones who mentioned they would steal Dell's customers? Well, I've had 2 HP's in 3 years and both have died. A DV9843 and A DV7 -6100 series.
  3. Cota

Cota TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

Awww bohoo, let me play you a song for you.

HP has been doing the same mistakes over and over and over, and yet they spec new results, that's called insanity, and I don't think no one would discuss the level of incompetence they had been going on.

Seems like almost all companies and consumers are in the turd train these days :\
  4. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 961   +84

I'm not really surprised. Their workstations are running on thin margins for profit, their laptops are of good workmanship at best, and their printers are reliable products but easily matched by other manufacturers. The only area that they're still excellent in is with their server line. (Which they took from Compaq / Digitial.)

Hmm, makes me wonder though... They're a good company on the whole. If they on the turn around their stocks might be low enough to buy now.
  5. SalaSSin

SalaSSin TechSpot Member Posts: 92   +28

Sure, but what if they break up the company, and the stock you bought is for the now empty holding structure?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.