HP taking Envy 14 Spectre pre-orders, ships February 17

By Shawn Knight
Feb 8, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. HP has started taking pre-orders for their Envy 14 Spectre Ultrabook that debuted last month at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Starting at $1,399, the Spectre won a…

Read the whole story
  2. inventix1136

inventix1136 Newcomer, in training Posts: 85   +14

Just to be clear, this laptop does NOT come with 1600 x 900 display and there is no option to even get the 1600x900 display. All Envy 14 Spectre's at this time come with the crappy 1366x768 resolution.

P.S. Techspot, why did you even mention 1600x900 in this article when it has nothing to do with this laptop.
  3. @inventix1136 - When I click on the link in the article that takes me to the HP website, it very clearly states that is DOES come with the 1600x900 display "A 14" diagonal, super-thin (20mm) HD+ Radiance Infinity LED-backlit display§ (1600 x 900) supplying accurate color, wide viewing angles, and a clean, flush-glass look".
  4. don't be too harsh on Guest as his reading comprehension may not be up to par :/

In talking about this laptop, the article clearly states:
    "Another feature that is sure to get people excited is the return of HP’s Radiance Display operating at a resolution of 1600 x 900."
  5. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,303   +52 Staff Member

The Envy 14 Spectre WILL have a radiance display option.

I'd also like to point out that the "HD+" is 1600x900, or at least it has been on the other notebooks, since press release didn't go out of its way to state that.

Now simmer down...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.