TechSpot

HP unveils seven new all-in-ones for home and business users

By Matthew
Sep 7, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. HP might offload its PC business in the near future, but that's not stopping the company from peddling freshly-designed machines in the meantime. The system vendor has just yanked a…

Read the whole story

2. SammyJames

SammyJames TS Enthusiast Posts: 168

Oh PUHLEEZE!!! TouchDUMB is what I call it. Who in the heck wants to sit there like a praying mantis at the stupid touch screen for hours at a time?

I have way-better things to do than to incur further damage to my already over-stressed ulna nerves. Thank you, by the way, to TechSpot for highlighting this story. I'm being quite serious -- I do enjoy reading about ridiculous products that shouldn't exist. We can all learn important lessons from reading about such obvious losers as HP and their TouchMoron PCs...

:)

- S

3. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

These all-in-ones are actually very useful particularly when space is an issue, plus you can still use a keyboard and mouse. You don't have to use the touch screen all the time.

HP's market is for business users, predominately front desk personnel, and for entertainment machines, of which these machines work fine. Not everyone needs or even wants a super powerful PC, these machines are good enough for most people. Key word "most"

"34% of consumer desktop purchases in July were all-in-ones."

As you can see, though you may have no need for products like these but there is definitely a market for them.

4. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

Actually adding something else to sammyjames, well this kind of PC's exist only because users are forced to watch them as the "most", if instead of having thousands of mixed-mode PC's we had a standard based on cost/max performance PC we wouldnt have crap like this HP being the "most" "normal"

BTW i do agree on what sammyjames said :| TechSpot is too cool to have posts like this one.

5. seefizzle

seefizzle TS Enthusiast Posts: 140   +31

I can think of hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people who want to sit there and use touch screens. They're called waitresses.

However, at this price point, HP will not get much market share at all in the point of sale industry. There are dozens of cheaper touch screen computers on the market right now. Throw in a couple of com ports (9 pin) and this is a decent point of sale computer. Without the com ports, these hp touch computers kinda suck. Com ports are antiquated, but nearly everything in the point of sale sector runs on com ports.

6. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,266   +42

Say what you want about these touch screens, but they will make a killing in the future. Its obvious that this is what we're working towards. They may lose money now, but any patents aquired by these will be relished in the future.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.