HP550 playing MMO's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,
Its my first time on the forum and i was wondering if there is anyway of increasing my laptops performance when playing MMO's like Warhammer online.
Ive had the laptop for almost and year and i've used it mainly for games like cs etc.. which it manages to run fine, but ive recently got Warhammer online and it runs ok on lowest settings but still has slight lag and occasional black squares over my characters animations, like whenever i sprint, for instance, my character moves but the floor around him becomes a black square. This is also the same when i'm attacking something.
I know its not to sensible to play anything so challenging on a laptop but i was wondering whether any of you guys have encountered this before or know of a way of fixing it?
I did have a slight problem with over heating but i took the laptop apart and cleaned the fan and its been running slightly better, but nothing like what i would like it to be.

Heres my specs

System - Windows XP professional

HP 550
Bios - KBC Version 12.00
Intel(R) Core2 Duo CPU T5270 @ 1.40GHz (2 cpu's)
2040MB RAM

display:
Mobile Intel(R) 965 express chipset family
384.0MB
Display driver
igxprd32.dll (ver 6.14.0010.5029)

Appreciate the help,

Chris

Most laptops video is too weak to play most newer games... Yours may be one of these. Is XP updated to service pack 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back