HP's MB Chronowing is the smartwatch for the fashion-conscious techie

By Shawn Knight
Nov 1, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. HP announced a partnership with US-based fashion designer Michael Bastian earlier this year to develop a smartwatch. A single teaser picture and a very broad description of the watch's functionality is pretty much all we had to go on at...

Read more
  2. JakeT

JakeT TS Member Posts: 74   +20

Finally! A watch that looks like a watch, how brilliant. This will probably work for HP. I only wish it hadn't been HP who realized that people want a watch like this. Apple missed this big time.
    ikesmasher likes this.
  3. Hasbean

Hasbean TS Enthusiast Posts: 98   +22

Don't worry, in a year or so, Apple will bring out a watch that looks like a watch and claim to have invented the concept.
    Arris and seefizzle like this.
  4. The display looks low resolution. I'm suspecting that the UI is poor because neither company truly understands user interface design.
  5. Definitely what I'd look for in a smartwatch, a real looking watch. However the ultra low screen density is off putting, especially at the high price point.
  6. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,457   +1,759

I thought all "techies" were "fashion conscious", they simply knew nothing about it....:confused: I mean who are the first people that spring to mind when you think of VR helmets and pocket protector chic? Techies, right!

And don't you have to dress in an upscale manner, consistent with being an upwardly mobile professional, at least commensurate with the number of Apple products you own?
  7. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 806   +270

Why would I want this?
  8. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,457   +1,759

Oh, I don't know. Because it would be hard to think of yourself as "suave" without it.....? :confused:

Because it would be hard for others to think of you as "suave" without it...?:confused:

Because not wanting it would promote terrorism and assail the American way of life?

Help me out here.:oops: