HP's Slate 7 tablet undercuts the competition at $169.99

By Shawn Knight
Apr 26, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. HP is finally getting back into the consumer tablet race as their previously-announced Slate 7 will begin shipping in the next few days. The Slate 7 represents the company’s first attempt at a consumer tablet since the ill-fated TouchPad hit...

Read more
  2. dotVezz

dotVezz TS Enthusiast Posts: 111

As an owner of a Samsung Series 7 Slate... this isn't confusing at all.
  3. No memory expansion slot (eg MicroSD) = FAIL
  4. blackbellysheep

blackbellysheep TS Rookie Posts: 23

Why would I buy any slates or any tablet device of hp after they screwed me over with my touchpad.
  5. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,383   +105

It does have MicroSD slot read the specs on HP Slate 7 site. Just another tablet into the crowded tablet market.
  6. psycros

psycros TS Evangelist Posts: 1,298   +666

Shoulda called the Baboon with that stupid red backside.
  7. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,467   +1,760

In reality, that's the loss of only one sale, but a rather important one I'd venture to say. Now shush, no need to tell everyone that HP screwed you over. (Even if it was a conspiracy).
  8. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Well, considering it's a fair way off the N7 in terms of specs and even software, it's not really undercutting the competition. $30 more for a better device and better support.
  9. chan_man

chan_man TS Rookie

The hp touchpad was the cheapest android tablet available... the update to Jellybean came out a week ago, so now you can have android 4.1.2 on a $100 9 inch tablet
  10. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

It's debatable if the tablet was supposed to be the full 'RRP', or $99.