HPWuSchd2.exe and wuauclt.exe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacal

Could I get some infomation on these two please. I just installed AVG after deleting Norton Internet Security 2005 off this computer. The HP one Norton does not say anything about that one and it is located in the HP folder file for my printer, but the other i just seeing today.

The HPWuSchd2.exe is located according to AVG at C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe...It is labelled as Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic4.CFV what I am wondering is why Norton says its fine and AVG picks it up as a baddy.

The Wuauclt.exe C:\Windows\wuauclt.exe

This is all on the main computer at work.

These are valid programs but are not required to run on startup, because of what you have removed. Since they have the potential to be started and run, and are in the registry but have no allied files or processes, I expect AVG wants to remove it because of its potential trouble. In the past there have been invasions disguised at these HP programs.
HPWuSchd2.exe is one you can run it if you need to run it, and AVG doesn't like that open door. It is advised that you disable this program so that it does not take up necessary resources. The hpwuschd2.exe is a process belonging to the Hewlett Packard Software Update Scheduler which displays update information regarding HP's range of products. This program is a non-essential process, but should would not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems. So Norton does not remove it. AVG does.
You can run other scans to detect any Security Threat, but you will always find varieties of opinons among the scanning companies.
Our choice is to go with AVG. We find too many difficulties and bad choices at Symantec.

Ok...but what for the wuauclt.exe i made it delete it but i just am wondering what it was because Norton did not even see that one. AVG saw it as a Virus threat.

Hi,

Your system is horribly infected with a variety of malware.
You may wish to copy and paste these instructions on notepad for easier reference later.

Please download and run CCleaner via step 9 of the instructions HERE.

Boot into safe mode under your normal user name. See how HERE

Next turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE

Go to start > run and type services.msc. Press the enter key.
Search for the following services(if there) double click to select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Shell23
tsnpstd3
Lexmark_X79-55
Bron-Spizaetus-ciiolrqw
WindowsService
Microsoft
Tok-Cirrhatus-3411

Open your task manager by pressing holding ctrl, alt and pressing del. Alternatively, use ctrl + shift + esc. Go to the processes tab, and end the following processes, if found:

tsnpstd3.exe
lsasss.exe
bbm-wqrloiic.exe
wuauclt.exe
br7845on.exe

After that, run HijackThis and fix the following entries, if found (do this by placing a tick in the check boxes beside these entries and clicking "Fix checked"):

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {18bf5f5c-ebaf-4a29-aaf6-de8dfdf9542f} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivbox.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {D651AFF4-9590-424d-BD1E-8E33E090DFB3} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\tmp19.tmp.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Shell23] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Server
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tsnpstd3] C:\WINDOWS\tsnpstd3.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark_X79-55] C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsasss.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Bron-Spizaetus-ciiolrqw] "C:\WINDOWS\ShellNew\bbm-wqrloiic.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WindowsService] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\gebxyy.dll",realset
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft] C:\WINDOWS\wuauclt.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Tok-Cirrhatus-3411] "C:\Documents and Settings\Diverse Server\Local Settings\Application Data\br7845on.exe"
O20 - Winlogon Notify: c_2r12 - c_2r12.dll (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: drivbox - drivbox.dll (file missing)

Close HJT.

Navigate in Windows Explorer and delete the following files and folders in bold.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivbox.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tmp19.tmp.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Server
C:\WINDOWS\tsnpstd3.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsasss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ShellNew\bbm-wqrloiic.exe
C:\WINDOWS\gebxyy.dll
C:\WINDOWS\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Diverse Server\Local Settings\Application Data\br7845on.exe

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT, ComboFix and AVG Antispyware logs from normal mode as well as C:\vundofix.txt as attachments into this thread. Those utilities can be downloaded from the links in my signature.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of Jacal only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi,

Your logs look clean now. I don't know where logfile.txt came from, so I've ignored its content.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware Quarantine folder.

Turn off system restore (XP/ME only). Learn how to do that HERE.
This will remove all the remaining nasties from your old restore points.

After that turn system restore back on.
This would have created a new safe and clean restore point for your system.

Often times, an infection can occur again not due to the incompetence of programs, but because of user habits.
May I recommend you to read this article.
This can help to prevent future infections.

Should you have any further problems, please post in this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of Jacal only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back