TechSpot

HTC Apache screen acting up

By alvdy
Jun 1, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello
    My HTC apache screen is acting the goat. Basically if you can imagine the windows mobile 5 password screen. it has the numbers 1-9 arranged trom top to bottom in rows of three with clear and 0 at the bottom:
    0clr

Now imagine this: when i tap the 4 i get a 4. but when i tap 2 i get a one and when i tap 1 i get nothing unless i push hard. if i want to get the correct numbers without pushing hard i have to push the ones next to them. so 3 for a 2, 2 for a 1. this is getting really annoying and it is not just on the password screen. Everything seems to be offset slightly to the left. I have done extensive Googling but found nothing and have tried both hard and soft resets to be basically useless. I have tried everything short of replacing the screen. Oh and alignment won't work either because the screen is offset and i cannot physically get at at point to touch them.

Sorry to waffle on, but has anyone encountered this problem or has a solution for me. It may just be time for an iPhone.

Thanks
    Allan Loveday
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Use some canned air like Dust Off to clean the keyboard, while holding it upside down. I expect some crud in sliding around under those keys.
  3. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

[​IMG]
    Try cleaning the screen
  4. fastco

fastco TS Rookie Posts: 1,511

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.