HTC Apache screen acting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvdy

Hello
My HTC apache screen is acting the goat. Basically if you can imagine the windows mobile 5 password screen. it has the numbers 1-9 arranged trom top to bottom in rows of three with clear and 0 at the bottom:
0clr

Now imagine this: when i tap the 4 i get a 4. but when i tap 2 i get a one and when i tap 1 i get nothing unless i push hard. if i want to get the correct numbers without pushing hard i have to push the ones next to them. so 3 for a 2, 2 for a 1. this is getting really annoying and it is not just on the password screen. Everything seems to be offset slightly to the left. I have done extensive Googling but found nothing and have tried both hard and soft resets to be basically useless. I have tried everything short of replacing the screen. Oh and alignment won't work either because the screen is offset and i cannot physically get at at point to touch them.

Sorry to waffle on, but has anyone encountered this problem or has a solution for me. It may just be time for an iPhone.

Thanks
Allan Loveday

Use some canned air like Dust Off to clean the keyboard, while holding it upside down. I expect some crud in sliding around under those keys.

htc-ppc6700.jpg

Try cleaning the screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back