TechSpot

HTC launches 7-inch Flyer tablet, throws in a stylus

By Jos
Feb 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. As expected, HTC has officially joined the tablet fray at Mobile World Congress 2011 with its own 7-inch device. The HTC Flyer touts a 1.5GHz single-core CPU, 1GB of RAM plus 32GB of flash storage, an aluminum unibody construction, and 1024 x 600 resolution. It will ship with Android 2.4 onboard, rather than the latest 3.0 Honeycomb build, but a refreshed version of the company's Sense UI will run on top to optimize the software for tablet use.

Read the whole story

2. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

Wow. Android 3.0 has a perfectly fine interface/ Why do these *****s need to throw on their own UI and make it so updates aren't instantly available.

And that's just me hoping that the tablet will get to 3.0 at all.

3. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

I would hope they have an 3.0 update in the future
    Cool, nice addition
    Thats a fail, a 7" screen is great for Navigation

4. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

With HTC it probably will get to 3.0. But it'll have sense plastered all over it which will slow update releases and cause issues because every other tablet will run stock honeycomb.

5. Tanstar

Tanstar TS Enthusiast Posts: 205   +18

It says the STYLUS is not intended for navigation. Navigation of the tablet, I assume.

6. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,377   +127

I want a stylus.

7. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

I see the fail was on my end :( i do like the stylus option for tablets

8. hitech0101

hitech0101 TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +19

Everyone is launching tablets none are majorly improved ones all seem to have very basic flaws.

9. kdarling

kdarling TS Rookie

Many of us wished that Microsoft had continued with their Courier pen tablet project. The HTC Flyer / Scribe combo with OneNote compatibility looks very similar in operation.

As for Honeycomb, supposedly it will come with it. And as any Android user knows, you can replace the Sense UI with a stock or other launcher.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.