HTC One receives worst possible repairability score, but still a pretty darn good phone

By Shawn Knight
Mar 29, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. The gang over at iFixit recently got their hands on the HTC One to perform one of their famous detailed teardowns. Unfortunately it’s not great news for HTC’s latest flagship as it earned a measly one out of 10 in...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,819   +884

This phone still looks and seems amazing. I love the custom interface. The only thing that irks me about it, is how area where you speak into and hear (dont know what its called) is a bit long.
  3. It looks good but I`m done with non Google phones. After owning 7 different android phones and finally getting a Nexus 7, I`m seeing a different future. I flashed my galaxy s3 with cyanogen 10.1 4.2.2 android. Vanilla android is just better all round. No bloatware, frequent updates and it runs well too. I`m fed up with buying a phone and being left to stagnate with old slow versions of the android o/s. Its a nexus 4/5 for me next regardless of enticing specs. Sure this HTC ONE has appeal but for the reasons above - I won't be getting one.
  4. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,049   +699

I'm not too worried about the phone's repairability (is that even a word?). I have and HTC EVO 4G that spent a few minutes at the bottom of a swimming pool and it's still running. They must make 'em pretty tough.
    Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,955   +726

If I was unceremoniously dumped in a swimming pool I'd also be running (away from whoever dumped me):D
  6. I can just agree with the previous guest comment. HTC does not really offer the best support regarding their updating of the Android OS. I have HTC Sensation XE, it came with 2.3 was upgraded to 4.0.3 after 1year after release and that was the end of updates. I was official informed when request information regarding possible updates, "no more updates for your phone." Here comes the HTC One with and old 4.1.2 OS and Samsung releases their new phone with 4.2.2 . How come HTC could not do the same? They may update OS in about 8months, as they did with HTC Sensation and give a basic year support, but then offer nothing more. Why would anyone buy HTC with such shoddy support.
  7. dennis777

dennis777 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 274   +29

So HTC dont do regular update on their flagship phones? LG is like that also and it takes longer for them to get updates

8. Those areas are called the microphone and speaker. On this phone, those areas also have the Beats stereo speakers integrated, that is why the grilles are the width of the phone.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.