HTC One X, EVO 4G LTE held by US customs following Apple patent ban

By Leeky
May 16, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Consumers eager to get their hands on HTC's One X and EVO 4G LTE smartphones will have to wait a bit longer after shipments of the new handsets were held...

Read the whole story
  2. cookiedude

cookiedude TechSpot Booster Posts: 230

a "system and method for performing an action on a structure in computer-generated data."

WTF? How can such a generalisation be given a patent in the first place? Patents are supposed to be in place to protect original inventions, not a statement that can be applied to practically any situation!!

I've decided to patent a "system and method for performing an action pertaining to computer-generated data." then I'm going to sue apple!
  3. PC nerd

PC nerd TechSpot Booster Posts: 323   +36

Christ's sake Apple! Go away!
  4. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,042   +695

No kidding... they sued Samsung over a patent that they say infringed on Siri... not because it was called Suri, or was a voice assistant, but because it was a program that searched multiple sources at once.

Anyone remember Tonya Harding? Cause that's who Apple reminds me of.
  5. cookiedude

cookiedude TechSpot Booster Posts: 230

I'm surprised they haven't gone after Google for the same principle!

Given how they've manipulated Siri to avoid providing results that favour their competitors I wonder how long it will be before consumers start suing them ;)
  6. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

I may be mistaken in this but I'm pretty sure if Apple is censoring the search results on the internet and you havent opt'd in for it, you do have a right to follow up with civil litigation.
  7. I dont know about others but I just got word that my One X which was held up by customs is now state side and on its way to me. :)
    Havent updated my twitter: @sam_g_steel
  8. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,041   +72

I guess HTC may be able to get their handsets in the US soon, as they have used different ROM for US versions of HTC One series hand sets, which doesn't involve the 'alleged patent infringement'.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.