TechSpot

HTC passes Nokia in market cap, now at $33.9 billion

By Emil
Apr 6, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Taiwan-based HTC Corporation has a market capitalization of $33.9 billion. A very impressive figure, but it becomes even more so when you compare this number to two companies that were many times larger than HTC just a few years ago, as pointed out by All Things Digital.

Read the whole story
  2. bioflex

bioflex TS Rookie Posts: 70

i have used a couple of htc smart phones and i must commend them for the quality of products they make. i hope they get to go even higher heights, nokia on the other hand has gone back even though they had so much of a head start, i know its going to be hard but nokia can still come back and i wish they do, until then HTC ftw.
  3. Wow, I am really surprised.

I am a Desire owner and thought HTC is some smaller company than that. I was a big Nokia fan for years, but since phones are getting clever Nokia proved nothing. They are way behind and I have no clue why they are acting like this.

HTC on the other side for this year they look quite weak with their lineup. HTC flyer is the same. I like it but looking at the specs it has to be really really cheap compared to other competitors.
  4. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

About a decade, nobody had even heard of HTC. At that time, they were manufacturing phones for the better known companies and even custom-made smartphone models for specific telecom companies. From a little known OEM to a company that has surpassed the market capitalization of the industry leader, that's quite an achievement.
  5. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,048   +75

I am not surprised by this, but there is one unique aspect in this, HTC make one hell of 'boring' looking (but generally reliable) devices, so to achieve this on top of that is phenominal.
  6. Edito

Edito TS Member Posts: 24

Congrats for HTC they really build great Phones i used the imate JAMin for 5 years with no probs and upgraded last month to a HTC Desire and i must confess it's an outstanding experience and i intend to use HTC for ever.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.