HTC Sensation 4G announced with Android 2.3

Emil

Staff

HTC today introduced the HTC Sensation 4G with the company's new HTC Watch video service and the latest customer-focused HTC Sense experience. The HTC Sensation 4G will be available in the US exclusively from T-Mobile USA beginning this summer. Pricing has not yet been disclosed.

The device features a 4.3-inch qHD display (540 x 960 resolution), a 1.2GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 1GB of internal storage, 768MB of RAM, an 8MP rear lens with dual LED flash capable of 30FPS recording at max 1080p resolution with full stereo sound. The HSPA+ device can push download rates to a maximum of 14.4Mbps.

On the software side, it is powered by Android 2.3 (codenamed Gingerbread) with Sense 3.0. The new version of HTC Sense adds a customizable active lockscreen (real-time information and content, such as social, photos, weather, or stock updates), 3D transitions, and an improved weather app. HTC Watch, meanwhile, is a service for downloading DVD-quality movies, introduced with the company's Flyer tablet. HTC Watch uses progressive download technology so that you can watch videos without waiting for a huge file to finish downloading. You can rent or buy videos, and if purchased, watch them on up to five different HTC devices.

"Consumers have quickly transformed smartphones into consumer lifestyle hubs that are pocket- sized entertainment centers that enable people to take their favorite multimedia content with them wherever they go," HTC CEO Peter Chou said in a statement. "The new HTC Watch service makes it fun and easy for people to access premium movies and TV shows while on the go. The HTC Sensation 4G combines this great multimedia experience within the latest HTC Sense experience in a premium device that delivers a powerful and unprecedented smartphone to our customers."

Permalink to story.

What the hell. Didn't HTC just release HTC Sense 2.0 with the Inspire and Thuderbolt? Now we're on 3.0? I just hope they don't mess it up by moving too quickly.

I'll wait for the Galaxy S II though.

HTC's offerings have better quality IMO lawfer. If HTC offered something with roughly same hardware etc. I don't think I'll consider buying Samsung (despite the fact that HTC make bit boring looking phones).

this will definitely be my next phone, been waiting for HTC to release something decent on t-mobile for the longest now, been getting really tired of my unlocked iphone 3GS, I always see HTC as having the best quality phones too, plus I really like their simplistic designs

Archean said:
HTC's offerings have better quality IMO lawfer. If HTC offered something with roughly same hardware etc. I don't think I'll consider buying Samsung (despite the fact that HTC make bit boring looking phones).

Not quite. I can't speak for their whole lineup, but the Galaxy S was sturdy, well designed, and felt comfortable on your hand. I expect the S II to be the same or better. I too love HTC's quality (especially the Thunderbolt's [which I own by the way]); most of the time, that is.

SGS is 'okay' when it comes to construction quality, but nothing special, but i900 which I owned for years was constructed with much more sturdier materials.

A Samsung vs HTC build quality debate?? ... pfffttttt....

You'll have to pry my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X from my cold, dead hands. Now there's quality you whippersnappers.

Rick said:
A Samsung vs HTC build quality debate?? ... pfffttttt....

You'll have to pry my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X from my cold, dead hands. Now there's quality you whippersnappers.

There's no debate, just an exchange of opinions. And nobody cares about your phone.

Back