TechSpot

HTC unveils Windows Phone 8X and 8S smartphones

By Jos
Sep 19, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. HTC has unveiled two Windows Phone 8 handsets at a joint event with Microsoft in New York. Simply called Windows Phone 8X and the Windows Phone 8S, the brightly colored devices will pitch HTC directly against Microsoft's main partner Nokia,...

Read more
  2. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 875   +130

I like the look the of 8S phones more than the higher end 8X.
  3. Wow Very Cool
  4. yowanvista

yowanvista TS Rookie Posts: 82

Well, a mere 16GB of internal storage is pretty much useless to multimedia users and Skydrive is definitely not an option for those who are on limited data plans.
  5. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 875   +130

Yeah this is a strange scenario where neither cell phone manufacturers or cell providers are providing a reasonable solution.
  6. ReederOnTheRun

ReederOnTheRun TS Booster Posts: 310   +62

Good point. And the carriers automatically take away the unlimited data plan when upgrading. But then again, the competition has those same problems. They could still be pretty great if everything else is good.
  7. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TS Maniac Posts: 431   +8

Won't lie. Would have liked to have seen a bigger screen and replaceable battery would be cool, although the battery on my Focus S took a crap on me slowly and I tried to replace it with Ebay variants and it just wasn't having it. Luckily I was still under 1 year warranty. Unluckily, Samsungs warranty process is garbage and I was left without my phone for almost 1 month.
  8. Neojt

Neojt TS Enthusiast Posts: 141   +10

Thats one thing I love about my galaxy S3 micro SD slot!!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.