HTML forum?

SledgeProne

Not sure if there ever was one, or if such topics are fielded here, as it would seem the most appropriate place, if even to garner some basic perspective or direction. If not, consider it fodder for the suggestion box.
Having created a small website nearly a decade ago on some free webspace associated with my Time Warner ISP account, last month it was apparently hacked, and implanted with malware exploits.

Unfortunately before I could address it, Google placed a warning page redirect on it, to safeguard against any potential harm to my site visitors.
I'm not sure what empowered Google the liberty to do this, but it now seems to be holding my account webspace hostage, having basically erased all the files of my website.
Unless I'm mistaken, I now have a status page listed with Google's Webmaster Tools, through which it appears to be dictating certain conditions be met before relinquishing control back to me.
Is this accurate?

Unfortunately before I could address it, Google placed a warning page redirect on it, to safeguard against any potential harm to my site visitors.
I'm not sure what empowered Google the liberty to do this, but it now seems to be holding my account webspace hostage, having basically erased all the files of my website.
Unless I'm mistaken, I now have a status page listed with Google's Webmaster Tools, through which it appears to be dictating certain conditions be met before relinquishing control back to me.
Is this accurate?
You would probably get better answers if you contacted Google.

Out of curiosity, do you know what the conditions are that must be met?

As with much of Google's site, it seems more of a self help section.
I can submit requests, but I don't see much of any support there.
Request a malware review

Once you're certain your site is free of malware, you can ask Google to review it.
Once you're sure your site is free from any infected code and content, you can request a malware review.

Request a malware review:

1. On the Webmaster Tools Home page, select the site you want.
  2. Click Health, and then click Malware.
  3. Click Request a review.
The malware review is designed for sites that have previously been infected with malicious software. If your site hasn't been flagged as having malware, but has been removed from Google's index, or no longer performs as well as it did—perhaps because it violated the Webmaster Guidelines—you should file a reconsideration request instead. You can also use the form to request reconsideration of a site that has been identified in our search results with a "This site may be compromised" warning message. In both cases, you should make sure that your site now complies with the Webmaster Guidelines before submitting the request. However, if your site has been flagged as containing malware, filing a reconsideration request isn't enough. You mustfollow the process on this page to request a malware review.
Google's automatic systems will scan your website. If no malware is found, we'll remove the warning from your site. This may take a day or so to happen; you can check the status of your request in Webmaster Tools on the Malware page under Health.
If you've cleaned your site, but the warning is still in place after a couple of days, you may not have found and removed all the problematic content on your site. (Our automatic scanners are far more accurate than humans, and they may discover code that you have missed.) Check Webmaster Tools for a list of URLs with potential problems—but remember that the list contains only a sample of problematic URLs.
Very rarely, it can take up to a day for malware warnings (and links to the malware review request form) to be visible in Webmaster Tools after your search has been flagged in search results. If you don't see a warning in Webmaster Tools, but your site is flagged, please check
back later.

====

Looking at this, I'm not certain their totally restricting the domain, but maybe have a bot uploaded there that im not aware of, thats interfering with my efforts?
srts
Blocked URLs

If your site has content you don't want Google or other search engines to access, use a robots.txt file to specify how search engines should crawl your site's content.
Check to see that your robots.txt is working as expected. (Any changes you make to the robots.txt content below will not be saved.)
Top of Form 1
&
This site is not located at the top level for the domain. A robots.txt file is only valid when located in the highest-level directory and applies to all directories within the domain. The robots.txt file that applies to your site (if one exists) is located at http://home.earthlink.net/robots.txt. This page provides information on that file.
Bottom of Form 1

Back