Huawei 3G modem error 31: A device attached to the system is not responding

bigwat

I have Windows seven alien ware on my pc and my g3 hauwei modem continues to give me the message error 31: a device attached to the system is not functioning. when i try to connect

Error 31 means that Windows can't load the 3g modem driver. Are you running Windows 7 64-bit? What is the model number of the hauwei modem? Please be aware that there might not be a hauwei modem driver available for Windows 7...

64-bits

Ok i am runnig a 64-bit and i'm going to check if the drivers are there.
Thanks.

I have a similar issue in my laptop. I am running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit version and using Huawei UMG1831 modem. The software used to connect to 3G network is mobile partner which comes bundled with the modem. It works absolutely fine but if i try to use standard windows dialer or any 3rd part dialer app like MDMA or reconnect or CiDial, i get the error 31 and same message as OP

I had the same issue. (with Huawei 3G modem)

You can either restore the System to an earlier Restore Point (before an installation of network related software).

But in my case, there wasn't any satisfiable points.
So I checked the Application list (on Control Panel > Uninstall) and came across 'Connectify' software which I used for Wireless Internet Sharing.

When I uninstalled it, Problem Solved !!

So check for any 3rd Party Network related software on your computer.. & uninstall them.

Thanks

i had the same issue. (with huawei 3g modem)

you can either restore the system to an earlier restore point (before an installation of network related software).

But in my case, there wasn't any satisfiable points.
So i checked the application list (on control panel > uninstall) and came across 'connectify' software which i used for wireless internet sharing.

When i uninstalled it, problem solved !!

So check for any 3rd party network related software on your computer.. & uninstall them.

very big thanks i had to uninstall "connectify" and now it works!

Back