Huawei E220 drivers

terry5880

hi all got laptop and trying to use this hauwei E220 when I plug in it says it cant connect etc coz of drivers ive looked on web for drivers for windows 7 ultimate but the sites are gone as old I think as they dont open could someone help please laptop is currently on vista but im upgrading in next few hours

Hi, I'm not 100% sure, but it may run on Windows 7 without adding a driver - some Huawei, Sumvision & Edimax devices have for me. Also, is the installer not built in to autorun on the E220 anyway?
Hope this helps.

na mate reformatted to win7 ultimate plugged in but cant find driver . and cant search internet whilst plugged in coz need that to get on internet as its my brother at his house dongle is about 4 years old and did come with cd with drivers on it but sod knows where it is now lol

ok cheers I changed to software and as none say the drivers and im clueless I downloaded all except the mac one lol thanks for your help

I found a zip file that includes Vista drivers for Huawei E220 and uploaded it to DropBox HERE.
If you want to try the Vista driver for Win 7, unzip the download file and use the Vista or Vista64 folder for 32- or 64-bit Windows. Should you want to give it a try (at your own risk) be sure to create a System Restore point first. [FONT=Arial]See How to Install a Driver when there's no Installation .EXE file to run[/FONT]

Also, is the USB network dongle you referred to earlier something other then [FONT=Arial]the Huawei? If so, might be able to find a driver for it as well. Insert the dongle and [/FONT]
List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so

Back