Huawei's metal-bodied Nexus phone pops up in leaked photos

Scorpus

Staff member

It was only last week that we got the first look at LG's upcoming Nexus smartphone, the 2015 Neuxs 5, through a sneakily-captured photo posted to Google+. Today we're getting our first look at the other Nexus device set to be officially unveiled later this year: Huawei's 5.7-inch variant.

Huawei's Nexus device features a metal body that's similar to their existing flagship smartphones. The most interesting part of the design is a weird camera hump along the top edge, which includes a camera, flash, and presumably enough material to let the internal wireless antennas work as intended.

The Huawei Nexus phone also comes with a fingerprint scanner on the rear, similar in shape and position to the fingerprint scanner on LG's upcoming Nexus device. There's also a front-facing camera seen above the display, as expected, along with dual front-facing speakers.

Previous rumors have suggested that the Huawei Nexus smartphone will feature a 5.7-inch 1440p display, powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 SoC. It'll most likely be released running Android 6.0 'Marshmallow', which Google announced at I/O and has been in the hands of developers for a few months.

It's too early to say what hardware Huawei has chosen for the final version of their Nexus device, but considering the frequency of leaks concerning the handset, it shouldn't be too long before it's officially announced (or before more leaks appear).

Permalink to story.

I think they could be in a position to capture the market that Note has occupied for so long. Although, prior Nexus devices haven't been known to incorporate the microSD card slot; not sure about the removable battery.

I'm still eager to see the sales figures for Samsung.

That has to be a prototype. They can't release the final retail model with such an unsightly appendage (more like a hideous growth) on the back unless they don't want any sales. It looks like a Dustbuster made up from a kids meccano set.

I think they could be in a position to capture the market that Note has occupied for so long. Although, prior Nexus devices haven't been known to incorporate the microSD card slot; not sure about the removable battery.

I'm still eager to see the sales figures for Samsung.
Very doubtful they will. The Note series is the father of phablets and they're the one people most associate with phablets.
First to market always sticks in peoples memory.
It's the same reason iPhones remain so popular when they have absolutely nothing to recommend them.

If it's the price of the last Nexus....PASS
I've been using a Huawei Ascend Mate2, for the last 18 month.
LOVE IT! 300 bucks!
I'm just not going to pay 600,700 or more for a smartphone again.

Back