Huge CPU usage

MIXEDD

Hello everyone, my problem is that when I play Lineage 2 Interlude (c6) my CPU usage becomes very high. It uses of about 70-80% or sometimes even 100% of CPU usage. My CPU is not really overheating or something. It's happening ONLY when I play this game. I watched the other forums and they don't really had problems with this client. All drivers are up to date ant the HDD is fully defragmented ant optimized. Anyone knows the solution to this kind of problem?

My Hardware:
Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 @ 2.00GHz - CPU
3.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (5-6-6-18) - RAM
Intel Corporation DG33BU - MoBo
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro (MSI) - Graphics Card

Thank you. :)

Have you considered that your computer simply isn't good enough to play this game? Your processor isn't exactly the best on the market, I don't know the game very well, but I looked at some screen shots and it looks about mid range. Also your graphics card is only good enough to play some of the older games games, half life 2 and the likes.

I don't know if you're already aware of this website, http://lineage2.stratics.com/content/library/quests/ but it does have quite a bit of info on this game.

Your video card is not really as potent as an Nvidia 8600GT; you can check this review to let you know where you stand; http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/radeon_hd_2600_performance_preview/ So, that's a potential "bottleneck".

It is my understanding that those old Allendale C2Ds aren't terribly impressive when used at their stock speed. Overclocking is out though, due to your Intel mainboard, the BIOS won't allow it.

When reading the game specs, your CPU should be adequate however, but if this game is a single threaded app, it may not be able to take advantage of both cores of your processor.

Scan your machine for any malware, as that can cause heavy CPU usage, if only to rule this out as a possibility

It might help to shut down any process and applications you don't need running in the background with the "task manager", before you start any serious game play.

Thank you for all your replies I had realised that I haven't checked the 'decrease background performance' in options. Now everything is fine the game uses only 20-30% of CPU.

Thanks for all your help anyway. :)
Good luck.

Back