TechSpot

Huge video game collection sold for $1.2 million, includes games for 22 classic consoles

By Julio Franco
Jul 9, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. For a minimum bid starting at more than a million dollars, a collector is offering his entire catalog of video games for Nintendo home systems from the NES/Famicom through the GameCube, plus the full lineup of every game released on……

Read more

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,535   +573

That is UNREAL. Well now I don't feel so bad for buying all those damn games during Steam sales. :p

3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,434   +755

Those games wouldnt cost a quarter of a million dollars all new...much less then that. Talk about resale skills right there.

4. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

I think the value lies in having all the games unopened. I don't think this would be something that a person would start opening up and playing. I'm pretty sure you could buy the titles you really wanted separately for much cheaper (since you're someone who has a million bucks around for video game purposes).

5. tengeta

tengeta TS Enthusiast Posts: 612

I have a nearly complete dreamcast collection but its all open... that collection is just crazy

6. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Evangelist Posts: 795   +88

Possibly if you live in UK. Google, "EU Rules You Can Sell Your Digital Game Licenses"

7. Jesus, that's like 247$ per game!

8. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,199   +420

+ A lot of time and care

9. Just spent 300 on a Genesis, SNES, and about 25 games total for both. Suddenly I don't feel so bad.

10. You would have to deliver it urself, to the buyer cuse of postage cost and I wouldnt trust a courier to deliver it all in one piece