Hulu: This amused me

SNGX1275

I've gotten this before when watching Hulu through Plex on my Mac Mini, but I just passed it off as being some incompatibility with Plex. But then I got it today on a different computer, here is a screenshot of it.

huluad.png

I'd rather stare at that text for 30 seconds than watch an ad, at least the text doesn't do anything obnoxious (such as a volume jump). Wonder how many people they get that actually email them saying their ads don't work.

Note: This doesn't always happen, only occasionally, and no, not running any adblockers.

Hah, yeah, I agree, I'd much rather read (and re-read... and again... and again... on and on) that text than annoying commercials/ads.

Reminds me of an email I got some years back. It read something like:

“This is a virus spreading message system. However, as I don’t have any experience with these things, the system works on the honor principle.

So, please delete all data on your disc and email this message to all people on your mailing list.

Thanks for your cooperation.”

Of course, that was meant as a joke. At least some people can tell when they are not serious, which apparently Hulu can’t.

Back