TechSpot

Humble Frozenbyte Bundle: Name your price for five indie games

By Matthew
Apr 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. The clever independent developers behind the first two Humble Indie Bundles have just kicked off a third charity drive focused on Frozenbyte, the Finnish team behind Trine. As with previous bundles, the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle contains five DRM-free casual games, including Trine, Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds: Survivor, Splot and Jack Claw. However, it's worth noting that only Trine and the two Shadowgrounds titles are ready for action on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Read the whole story

2. KG363

KG363 TS Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

"44,000 people have donated over $228,000"!?!?

That's over $10 billion!

:p

3. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,444   +124

Where does it say EACH have donated that? It means all together.

I'm inclined to try Trine =)

4. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

I only popped down 5 bucks due to my impecuniousness. But using the slider to allocate the percentages was tough, reminded me of Hearts of Iron 2. The games weren't that much of an incentive, but I liked what Child's Play was about.

5. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

"The top donation is $1,024."

Damn, we're a freaken geeky bunch, aren't we?

:p...

6. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,266   +42

top donation was a linux user, he's just happy he can do something other than surf the web and run servers.

7. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,479   +624

I can vouch for Trine, awesome game. And the graphics will amaze you.

8. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Guru Posts: 593   +47

I'm definitely in for one of these bundles. I've been wanting to get Trine for a while and have missed out on other deals. I guess patience pays off! Now, I get 4 games and some source code to poke around in!

9. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 997   +32

I already have Shadowgrounds, and I'm sure I won't get to play any of these games soon, but I tend to shell a few bucks for these bundles anyway, just because they're multi-platform, DRM-less, and provide an opportunity to donate part of the money. Haven't really paid much this time, though. I've pretty much stopped playing games in recent months.

10. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Very nice, I haven't had the opportunity to play Trine yet and this looks like a perfect time to give it a go.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.