Humble Indie Bundle 2 unveiled, includes Braid, Machinarium

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

In May, a group of independent game developers organized a promotion dubbed the "Humble Indie Bundle," which let you set your own price for five top-rated indie games. Unsurprisingly, the event was a raging success and 138,813 participants contributed more than $1.2 million, around 30% of which went to charity. Hoping to repeat that success, the developers have unveiled the Humble Indie Bundle 2, yet again offering five of today's finest indie titles for any price you see fit.

The bundle includes Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos, and Revenge of the Titans, which would usually cost upwards of $60 if purchased separately. Braid, Machinarium, and Osmos are particularly noteworthy with metascores of 90, 85 and 80. Cortex Command and Revenge of the Titans are still under active development, but you'll receive all future updates. The games DRM free, so you can install and play them on all of your systems -- including OS X and Linux.

The formula doesn't seem to have changed much this time around. Along with setting your own price, you can divide your contribution among four options: the game developers, Child's Play, the Electronic Frontier Foundation or you can leave a "humble tip." Accepted platforms include PayPal, Amazon Payments and Google Checkout. So far, about 17,000 people have shelled out more than $116,000, with an average purchase amount around $6.90. The largest contribution is $650.

Permalink to story.

Potential buyers:
Please donate at least a dollar because anything less will most likely be eaten up by transaction fees.
Remember, It's for the Kids!

Really nice bundle, they really are great games. Braid is very entertaining and Osmos is great for casual gaming.

I already have these games but I'm going to kick in ten bucks, buy them anyway and give them as gifts just to support these guys. A great way to sell games and donate to charities.

Awesome bundle indeed, took part in the first one and will do so again. I haven't had a chance to play any of those games yet, so it'll be fun :) .

Back