I am 8 steps away from helpless

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also download and run Avira Antivir... and temporarily disable Symantec.

(Which version of Symantec are you using? If 360, I would get rid of it altogether, and use Avira... then pay the $26 bucks on July 1 when the free period runs out.
Then I would run SuperAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes after booting in SAFE MODE.

You seem to have a clean system, overall, with just a small but troublesom bit of problems from a trojan infestation.

Thanks for looking

Followed your advice. I ran Avira it found some more items.

View attachment 49339

I ran SuperAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes in safe mode. They found nothing.

About my AntiVirus, I had 360 for a while and had problems. Currently I have Symantec Endpoint Protection. It is used at my work.
I have it disabled now.
Any opinions?
It did not pick up on any of my current issues.
but I may have missed an update.

Avira is better by a long shot than Symantec 360. Symantec has come out with a new version that is much better than 360. So you should either upgrade from 360 to the latest and costly version, or totally remove it in add and remove. Then install Avira Antivir free edition. On July 1, you will have to pay for it, but the price they have right now of $26 is one of the best values on the internet.
If you have Windows Defender (downloaded from Microsoft), Avira Antivir, SuperAntiSpyware, and MalwareBytes, then keep them updated, and run regulary scans, you will be pretty well protected, methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back