I am caught in a predicament trying to connect to XBL

LoneSword

So, Microsoft has put me into a bind. I'm just now suddenly being able to connect to XBL for the first time in ages, and a new (I guess) layout installed to the dashboard. Now I have to put in my Windows Live ID email that I created a long time ago, and I don't remember it at all. This also means I can't get into my account, because the email is associated with it, which means I can't connect to XBL or access my profile, and, most importantly, I can't load any of my saves.

All sources I find tell me, "Access account from Manage Account and your email will be listed there." But that doesn't work because I can't log in to begin with. So I decided that in order to cut through all of the crap of searching, I decided I would just come here and get a clear answer.

Would there be any way I could either recover my lost email or transfer my account to a completely new profile and still keep my settings and saves? I've tried to move my files from one account to the other, but they can't be moved. I really hope there's a solution to this, because I do not want to have to lose my Skyrim data. Please help.

"Recover Gamer Tag" is what you are looking for. I don't know where it is located on the new dashboard though.

Hmm, this support page is all that I found that kind of relates to your problem. But since you don't remember your original e-mail and aren't logged in I'm not sure how much it'll help.

I'm a bit confused to why you can't log in to begin with though even after the update. Your profile should still be saved as an update would not overwrite it. I'm also confused to how you can't load Skyrim saves, what profile did you use them on? Was it an offline one? If so, just keep using the same one and you should be fine.

Back