I am desperate rite now. i cant turn on my computer. please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaMaluJordan

Hi. I have a problem with my computer. For some reason when i turn on my computer, it goes to a black screen and says NTLDR is missing. Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to Restart. i pressed the keys and the same message came up. Can you please tell me what to do? Thanks in advance.

That means your boot sector has become corrupted, you will need your windows cd to fix this problem by getting it to do a repair!!!

Windows XP users

Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer.
When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair Windows.
You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password.
Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter "E". This letter may be different on your computer.

copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy e:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the CD from the computer and reboot.

I had the same problem

Hi, I had the same problem and I fixed it just the way you guys are saying. But the thing is - right now I cant even turn on the computer. I dont know if this is connected to the previous problem but now when I switch it on the monitor just goes to stand by mode. There is only a black screen:-(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back