I am GOING ABSOLUTELY insane!!! PLEASE HELP ME

By Curtis9111
Dec 28, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok so I had an AGP RADEON X850 PRO video card...I tried overclocking went way to high it shut my comp off a few times..so I put it back to normal and left it there..it was at normal speeds for about 8 months...but I lagged in games pretty badly like I always have...so tonight I went out and bought a AGP 8x BFG GeFORCE 7600 GS OC 512MB DDR2 memory video card....I am having the same exact problem...also awhile back I overclocked my processor to the point where the computer shut of and that also was put back to normal right after that so now I dont know what the problem is..I lag in games...CS 1.6 runs fine..source runs ALRIGHT but only at about 50FPS...these are my system specs:

Processor: Pentium 4 3.0Ghz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G
    Power Supply: 300W AGI Model Number = HP-P3507F5W could this be my problem with lagging? The power supply? thats what I am thinkin it is..
    AGP Video card: BFG GeFORCE 7600 GS OC 512 MB DDR2 memory.
    Memory: 1gig PC 3200
    CD drives: 1 Sony Dual Layer 18X DvD/CD Burner
    Hard drives: Just 1.
    Floppy Drive: I have one but I NEVER use it
    Network Drive: Have one of those too but I NEVER use it.

I hope I didnt leave any info out..if anyone can tell me if they also think its the power supply that would be a big help...my graphics card says a minimum 350W Power Supply...but its running..I would think if it was the supply it would not even start up my computer... GRRR SOMONE PLEASE HELP!!!! I appreciate any help and or advice. btw I do benchmarks and stuff and it says my processor is fine says its running at 3014Mhz of w/e its a 3.0Ghz Processor...so any help on the info i just gave would be awesome..Thanks guys.
  2. blue_dragon

blue_dragon Newcomer, in training Posts: 278

minimum?

well I dont think your power supply is delivering enough power and your vidoe card might be underpowered
    its kinda like the mobile pentium 4 that would underclock themselves to save power
    Im not sure about the 7600 because evenoguh its 512mb if IM not mistaken its DDR2 and is only 128-bit..
  3. Curtis9111

Curtis9111 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

What video card could I buy from compusa?

I bought this card from compusa and I lost the recipt right after I bought it...haha I was wondering if you could find one on the compusa site that you would recommend? is 128 bit and 256 bit a HUGE difference? and also do you think a 450W power supply would be good enough? bc im broke.. lol
  4. Curtis9111

Curtis9111 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

bump

bumppppppppppppppppppppppp
  5. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,623

that 300w PSU is deffinately not enough the 450 would be if it is a good brand, and the defference in 128 bit and 256 bit is a huge difference.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.