i am new here andi have the trojan-spy win32@mx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone

I have been infected recently by the trojan spy win32@mx as it keeps showing a pop-up with the trojan name and also another pop-up stating msn is still running and a weird security page appears now for my home page (a eclamation mark in a yellow triangle). I have been resigned to not being able to properly use the computer. I THINK I GOT THIS INFECTION THROUGH ACCIDENTALLY DOWNLOADING VIRUSRANGER. BY Then it was too late. can anyone help me remove this infection for good, i have mcafee security but i think it has done nothing and it might be outdated. Anyhelp would be absolutely appreciated

thanks

Mario

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of brucelee only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi Again,

Thanks for the information that you have provided so far.

At the moment I am working through the steps provided to clean my computer. I am at step 4 (downloading HJT), however whenver I try to download it a dialogue box comes up saying 'your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded'.

Do you have any ideas on what i can do to enable me to download the HJT?

sorry about this

Thanks

Mario

Not sure what`s going on there. I`ll send it to you via email. It`ll be in a .zip file, so you`ll need to extract it.

Sent.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of brucelee only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi Howard,

Just wanted to say Thanks for all the help. The computer is working good again thanks to you.

I have also decided to start fresh and reformat this computer, since the personal info has probably been tampered with.

Do you know of any good anti-virus software that you can suggest for me to either buy or download? I have learnt from my mistake the last time.

What you and the rest do here is fantastic, as I would have been in serious trouble without your expertise.

Thanks once again.

Mario

No worries mate, glad I could help.

See the list of recommended free security software below.

AVG free or Avast antivirus programmes.

Zonealarm Kerio or Comodo free firewall programmes.

Spybot Search & Destroy.

Ad-Aware se personal.

Spyware Blaster.

AVG Antispyware.

Ccleaner.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back