TechSpot

I can play Crysis!

By Technochicken
Oct 17, 2008
  1. just look at my system specs. I downloaded the demo, and i can play with everything on low except shader quality, physics, and texture, which are at high, med, and med, respectively, and at the lowest res. And it is actually playable -i get around 24fps. And it still looks frikin amazing.

2. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,492

I don't see that as being surprising. If it were an 8400, then I'd be throwing eggs at you for how lucky you were.

3. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

I don't like Crysis.

4. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 903

Is a 8400 realy that much worse than an 8500?

5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,291   +25

Most 8400GS cards have a 64-bit memory bus, which completely kills their gaming performance potential. Some come with a 128-bit bus and are essentially 8500GTs with lower core and memory clocks. For decent gaming performance, at least a 128-bit memory bus is necessary.

6. mopar man

Really? I played the MP at a buds house and was amazed. Then again, the newest FPS story I've played WAS HL2.... so yeah, for all those sympathizers, send me some money and I'll be happy. ;) Just joking of course, but yeah, thats my life. That's why I play CS:S and not COD4, no computer I own can handle it... or it just has errors... XD

And Rage, thank you for that insight, I didn't know that. I just knew that the 8400 sucked...

7. KINGMEET

KINGMEET TS Rookie Posts: 31

Cod4

I can play COD4 with no problem with my secondary PC.

My card is a 8500GT. And everything except for brightness is on high level.(I dont like Crysis either. I die to quickly. Also it helps to have 2gigs of ram and a Core 2 processor, i think that it is a e2200. I'll post my secondary specs later. I have a computer lab in my house and I got too many to post about.

8. TimeParadoX

I don't like it because it's just a benchmark that costs $50. The story was retarded (lol aliens and Koreans) and the only thing good was the graphics, and even then it took almost half a year before anyone could even run the thing since it was pretty much designed for the 9 series videocards.

9. aaronb1232

aaronb1232 TS Rookie Posts: 18

The last boss fight will absolutely destroy your rig, too.

10. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 903

That would be why I got the free demo version.

11. futbol94

futbol94 TS Rookie Posts: 17

crysis warhead ftw

12. MadEd

MadEd TS Rookie

crysis rocks and if you don't like it play something else

13. TimeParadoX

Are you guys brothers or something? Or did you just make 2 accounts to prove your point?

14. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,291   +25

Meh, Crysis' Nomad was a boring-*** "Yes Sir!" dude. Psycho's British badass-ness made Nomad look like a pansy IMO.

All in all, Warhead was all that Crysis wasn't IMO.

15. King Ping

King Ping TS Rookie

Well if your very lucky maybe a bit of tweaking you could feel what far cry 2 feels like.

16. Acclamator

Acclamator TS Rookie Posts: 295

Crysis sucked. I' m glad my game server host gave it to me for free.

17. mopar man

Lucky bastard. Well, anyhoo, I thought FC2 had lower system specs, or is my mem. failing again?

18. Beanbag

Beanbag TS Rookie Posts: 55

I found the original Crysis slow-paced and rather boring- I had the feeling that the game just dumped you on the island and left you to yourself, occasionally giving you objectives to complete. Other than that I had a a rather "detached" feeling from the usual hype games give me.

But Crysis Warhead was altogether different. It was packed with action from the very beginning and I rarely got bored throughout the campaign. The non-third person cutscenes absent in the original Crysis made a huge difference.

In fact, if you had the money to buy either, I'd recommend getting Warhead rather than the original.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.