I cannot access 'folder options' on Windows 10

Hello,

I'm new to the forum. Long story short, I logged onto Windows one day, and noticed that I cannot open the 'folder options' dialog box in file explorer. I tried running an antivirus, and even tried to get help from other know-it-alls (bleepingcomputer.com) to no avail. What's even worse is that I tried to do a system restore, and even reset windows--neither was accessible. Could someone please help me. I'm going nuts, as I'm trying to keep from going to a repair shop, and getting charged an arm and a leg. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

--Jermaine

Well I've never spent any time examining Windows Explorer but have just had a look at it. Right at the top there is a down arrow and when I click on it there's a menu to Customise Quick Access Toolbar. I don't think a computer workshop is the best idea because they are more for fixing hardware or they'll reinstall Windows for a hefty fee. I'm interested to know what you are trying to do. You are aware perhaps that there are plenty of alternatives to Windows Explorer available. I've got a free one called Q-Dir but it's not used.

Hello,

I'm new to the forum. Long story short, I logged onto Windows one day, and noticed that I cannot open the 'folder options' dialog box in file explorer. I tried running an antivirus, and even tried to get help from other know-it-alls (bleepingcomputer.com) to no avail. What's even worse is that I tried to do a system restore, and even reset windows--neither was accessible. Could someone please help me. I'm going nuts, as I'm trying to keep from going to a repair shop, and getting charged an arm and a leg. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

--Jermaine

Hi Jermaine,

What you probably need is “File Explorer options.”

There are multiple ways to get “File Explorer options.”

The easiest seems to be “File>Options.”

Another way is via “Control Panel\All Control Panel Items.”

Back