I cannot type in the browser

jarko

Hi,

I have a very strange problem. I cannot type URL/adress/location bar or text boxes - keyboard locks/freezes up. I have to go to the Task Manager to End Task (to close browser:Firefox, Google Chrome)
I restored my OS from my previous Norton Ghost image, but nothing changed.

P.S.
OS Win7x64

Does the keyboard work normally in other applications ? I.e. not browsers. Try notepad for instance. If this problem is only in browsers, it is virtually certain to be a virus effect. It could be an add-on you have installed common to both (all?) browsers. If you realise what you have added, then uninstalling that add-on might solve it, but the chances are small.

In firefox, click the Tools menu and select add-ons.

There is a tiny possibility that your keyboard has a fault. Test by replacement if at all possible, and especially with a different type of keyboard connection (wireless, USB, PS/2)

Last edited:
I can use the keyboard almost everywhere but browsers (Firefox,Google Chrome)

Firefox SaveMode - The same, nothing changed.

My KB has USB connection, but I tried to use my old one (old cable connection) and there is the same situation.

P.S.

Every time when I try to type Firefox freezes, and I have to Start Task Manager to close it.

I did CMD SFC /scannow and it found nothing.

Hi,

I can write on the Internet Explorer. I can use KB every else but not in the Firefox or Google Chrome, Skype. I cleared Firefox cache and I tried to reinstall the browser, but it didn't help,.
I scan with Malwarebytes Anti Malware and it was no infection.
I created a new profile in the firefox - nothing changed.
Firefox SaveMode - (Restart with add-ons disabled). The same, nothing changed.
I can write in the Microsoft Office, Notepad and almost
I can type in the IE without any problems.
everywhere else but for example, when I tried to type message in the Skype, it freezes.
My KB has USB connection, but I tried to use my old one (old cable connection) and there is the same situation.
I did CMD SFC /scannow and it found nothing.
P.S.
Every time when I try to type in the Firefox or Chrome or Skype it freezes, and I have to Start Task Manager to close it. The Chrome in Incognito Mode it works the same. It means it doesn't work.
Please, somebody help me. I really don't want to reinstall my Windows. Everything else in my OS is working perfectly.

A strange fault, but it's not unknown.
One reason could be an 'add-on' that isn't compatible, but you say you tried FF without add-ons.
A test could be to install the browser Sea Monkey, which is heavily based on Firefox, just to see what happens.
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/

Back