I can't get wireless connection in my room

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not surf the net by my laptop in my room. If I go into another network connection I can surf fine.I think the wireless connection in my room is working fine,because other laptop is working fine. Any thoughts?

Maybe you need to turn on your wi-fi (and make sure it is enabled)... Some have a switch and others have a function key. Mine for istance, to turn it on and off, is Fn + F2. take a look at your laptop and see if you have any of those.

Can you surf wirelessly anywhere else?

Please be more specific on how your wireless network is setup and what you mean by your post. I am guessing that by going into "another network connection", you are talking about going into another room and accessing the internet? Or perhaps, picking up someone else's signal?

Is the laptop that won't connect an older laptop? What sort of security do you have enabled on your wireless network? Some older wireless cards cannot access wpa or wpa2 encryption, but can access the older wep 128 encryption system.

Please elaborate.

Maybe you need to turn on your wi-fi (and make sure it is enabled)... Some have a switch and others have a function key. Mine for istance, to turn it on and off, is Fn + F2. take a look at your laptop and see if you have any of those.

Can you surf wirelessly anywhere else?

Yes,I can access internet wirelessly in my friend's house.I am using Vista home premium and Laptop is HP compac.

Please be more specific on how your wireless network is setup and what you mean by your post. I am guessing that by going into "another network connection", you are talking about going into another room and accessing the internet? Or perhaps, picking up someone else's signal?

Is the laptop that won't connect an older laptop? What sort of security do you have enabled on your wireless network? Some older wireless cards cannot access wpa or wpa2 encryption, but can access the older wep 128 encryption system.

Please elaborate.

My laptop is working properly to other house(other wireless) but not in my house.
1 week ago it was working properly in my house.Now a days not working.I am using Vista home premium and Laptop is HP compac.

How to do that?Could u tell me step by step?

Simply unplug the power cord for about 10 seconds, then plug it back in. I would do this to your modem first. After all lights have come back on your modem, plug your router back in.

It is just a power cycle reset. After that is completed, if you still have wireless issues, I will help you troubleshoot further.

Simply unplug the power cord for about 10 seconds, then plug it back in. I would do this to your modem first. After all lights have come back on your modem, plug your router back in.

It is just a power cycle reset. After that is completed, if you still have wireless issues, I will help you troubleshoot further.

Yes,This type of work is performed.In my house other Laptop is working fine.But my laptop is not getting the connection though it can catch connection to another house/another wireless

Interesting... I am going to ask some of my employees other issues that may cause this.

Yesterday I did:
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Nothing happened:(

Try this.

Go to Start--->Run
Type ipconfig /release
(this is normally only used to release the computer's ip address)
Now, type ipconfig /renew

Try this in another room of the house where the wireless works on that laptop.

With your laptop connected to wireless in another room, walk with the laptop and see how the signal fades the closer you get to your room. It may just be that the internal wireless radio in your laptop is weak or has become damaged in some way.

Question - Did you recently place a cordless phone in your room? That may be enough to cause a loss of signal if it is 2.4ghz and uses a frequency close to what the wireless radio in your laptop uses. Just curious.

I talked to some of the guys in my IT group about it. I have them all working on other stuff at the moment, but they said they would try to help you troubleshoot when they had some spare time.

You could also try this command - Start----> Run, and type "netsh int ip reset all" without the quotation marks. Try a reboot afterwards and see if that helps you.

My laptop is working properly to other house(other wireless) but not in my house.
1 week ago it was working properly in my house.Now a days not working.I am using Vista home premium and Laptop is HP compac.

Try a system restore to the time when it was working a week ago.

and you've set up a new network connection on your laptop for your home?? I've noticed that sometimes with my laptop when I get an update for Vista, it can get all screwy. Usually, I just delete my old setup and try a new one. That usually works for me.

My laptop is not working in my building / my wireless.It is working on the different network/other building.I have restored it in its previous mode where it was working fine.But did not get any result.When I am going to connect...it shows all my neighbour's network except mine.

and you've set up a new network connection on your laptop for your home?? I've noticed that sometimes with my laptop when I get an update for Vista, it can get all screwy. Usually, I just delete my old setup and try a new one. That usually works for me.

The problem my happen due to Vista update.I have restored in previous state.But still its not working.plz help me out.

have you tried a manual setup via the Network and Sharing Center?

Yes,I did.It shows in the 'manage wireless network'.But when I go to 'Connect to wireless' window, there I can see other network except mine.so could not able to connect.Only my wireless is not comming in that window.But it shows different networks. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my network adapter.Nothing happend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back