TechSpot

I can't install a proper copy of windows xp=need help desperately

By siicogamer
Jul 30, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,
    I couldn't install anything on my computer it kept coming up with errors like:
    you may have damaged disk,incomplete download or improper install.

Alot of things i try to install doesn't work. It just comes up with errors. My computer kept restarting and i thought it was my hard drive. So i went out and bought a 160gb seagate barracuda 7200.10 rpm. It didn't have a operating system on it so i tried to install windows on it.

Then it kept coming up with errors during the install saying stuff like: Make sure windows xp cd in the drive and it also said could not install the file. It would come up with a error message and I could browse for the file on the cd or press retry and cancel.

I've tried both my windows xp cd's. I have one with no service packs and one with service pack 2.

If i keep pressing retry when an error message comes up(it comes up like ten times saying different files) windows installs but i can't install any programs or games. For example i tried installing the world in conflict beta but it came up with somthing like: Setup cab does not match wit .wic . The medium is missing contact your software vendor.

I desperately need help.
    Thnx.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.