TechSpot

I can't install my video card driver?

By MrChiliCheese
Feb 9, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It started with that my screen looked all messed up. I have a dell so when I restart the dell logo have white lines all over the screen.
    problem is when i try to install the driver, my computer crashes halfway thru the installation and then I get a blue screen 'PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA'

When I format my computer weird letters and symbols shows up
    example:

Window XP Professional Setup
    ø____øøøø____øøøø__ø__ø_ (suppose to be straight lines)

PresS enteR to contiNuE

and also there is like blue/red/green lines pops up on my screen
    i have to change my color quality to 16 bit cause it gets nasty at 32bit

Pc spec
    Dell Dimension E521
    Window media center editon SP2 (But it says I have window xp pro for some reason)
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+ 2.0ghz
    Video card: Geforce 7300 LE
    Ram: 4g

Can anyone help? This is very frustrating!
    Thanks
  2. yangly18

yangly18 TS Rookie Posts: 242

I had a problem with this, and my video card was messed up from the manufacturer. Have you tried it in a friends computer, or another of your own? This is how I found out it was my card that was wrong and not anything else.
    First I would just do some basic troubleshooting like checking all connections, taking the card out of the system and re-seating, and perhaps blowing some air in there to get any dust out.
  3. MrChiliCheese

MrChiliCheese TS Rookie Topic Starter

no i havent tried anybody else just my own
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.