I can't launch Silent Hill 4 on my PC!

By baryaqueen
Feb 29, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Okay it's 4am in the morning now and I've literally search for solutions online the past 5 hours (to no avail) so please bear with me. Also I am new here I just made this account minutes ago just to post this thread.

I downloaded a torrent of SH4 PC version, it was a .iso file. The extraction and installation was normal and I had no problems with them but when I finally launch the .exe file, it just says "Wrong disc inserted."! So then I searched the net if it's possible to play the game without buying the dvd and they said it's indeed possible (well from what I've understood though). After desperate searching [again] for other solutions, I then found about 3 or 4 sites that let me download the "fixed .exe" something like that... I downloaded the said file and it was another launched about 2,000+ kb (the first one was 4,000+ KB). This time when I launched the application, a window will pop up and say: "a crash ocurred the last time the game was played .using safe graphics options" if I either click ok or close the window, the game will "launch" and bring me to a black screen, which of course made me taught the game's already working. Unfortunately after that black screen comes also a white screen (that I think supposedly should show the KONAMI logo). Then after that it crashes and an error window will pop up.

I am using Windows 7 and I change the compatibility to XP SP2 and run as administrator whenever I attempt to launch the game.

Please help tell me what I am doing wrong and I am reaaally not good with complicated techy stuff. The first time I've downloaded a PC game from torrent was Resident Evil 4 and I did it with no problem at all. Thank you so much in advance for taking time to read this and for the help you'd give!
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,385   +205

TechSpot cannot help you with pirated games.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.