I changed graphics card and now PC is dead

Let me explain, My pc (windows 7 ultimate 64bit quad core) home build has been running relatively perfectly for a while, but I decided on an upgraded graphics card - HD4890 rather than the older HD4850. Anyways I got it on eBay as a used item. So it arrived today and I installed it as I've done loads of times before, attached all the connectors and booted up with no problems. Although the resolution had changed to a very low setting (which I've seen on changing other graphics cards). I soon realised I had forgotten to plug in the keyboard so did that and with no response from the keyboard, I rebooted. Although I'd left the room for a few minutes when I got back the pc was off. I tried switching it back on but without power to the tower. The green light on the mobo (Asus P5N32-E) was lit for a while then went out. So it doesn't power up, it seems dead to the world. Even when I replace my old graphics card there is nothing. I've read a few other threads asking to try to boot up with only the cpu and memory (I have corsair 4x1gb) but I get nothing at the power button. The psu is a 650w Alphapower unit and it's only about 8 months old. I've got a sneaky suspicion it's this though. But I don't understand why it would blow after changing the graphics card. Any ideas will be much appreciated

really depends on weather the psu can output enough power for that card never heard of that brand probably the psu IMO.

Back