I changed my "classpath" variable by accident!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimimoomoo1

I changed my CLASSPATH variable and now whenever I go to run a cmd file it automatically closes, like a RSPS. Also I cannot run any Java files :(. please help, i need to revert my CLASSPATH variable back to what it orginally was, I had changed it to my jdk, before it was like jre1.6.0 something :\. I'm using windows vista. I need the exact variable like what to type in it. thanks in advance :)

Unless you are a java developer, you only need Java Run time Environment (JRE) (vs. the Java Development Kit - JDK)

So just go to Add/Remove Programs. Uninstall all the Java entries. Then go here to download Java run time

eh
this is what the forum who told me to change it said,

"Now that your there, In the CLASSPATH As show in the pic above, XP users put in C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_17\bin;%CLASSPATH%;

Vista Users Put in C:\Program Files(x64)\Java\jdk1.6.0_17\bin;%CLASSPATH%;"

I changed the system variable for classpath.. -.- can anyone provide me with the vista 32bit variable with the lastest java installed?
Plox

Well, an uninstall / reinstall would reset the CLASSPATH. Tho it sounds like what you're trying to do and asking about is not just resetting it but getting things to work with runescape (which i don't know or ever used). So you might be best be posting a new thread mentioning both CLASSPATH and Runescape in the title and ask for more specific help.

G;luck

eh
this is what the forum who told me to change it said,

"Now that your there, In the CLASSPATH As show in the pic above, XP users put in C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_17\bin;%CLASSPATH%;

Vista Users Put in C:\Program Files(x64)\Java\jdk1.6.0_17\bin;%CLASSPATH%;"

wrong;

the JAVAHOME IS C:\Program Files\Java\
the RTE is at jdk1.6.0_17 [edit] oops; it's called the JRE :) [/edit]
the classes are at lib\ext\
in the package QTJava.zip

but the %CLASSPATH% is C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_17\lib\ext\QTJava.zip

CLASSPATH is a variable that belongs to JAVA, not Windows/anyversion. In fact, it is
an absolute path on every OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back