I cleaned the dust from my computer, now it won't find the monitor?

The title basically says it all.

I have an HP Pavillion a220n that I just did a dust cleaning on to clear the build up. I use compressed air to blow out the dust. I used a plastic vacuum hose outside of the computer that I keep about about a foot away catching all the dust and debris that flies out of it. I've done this a handful of times before with no problems. After hooking everything back up, and turning on the computer. It makes all the sounds like a normal boot up, yet my computer won't find the monitor and the blue light that is normally on in the front is not turning on either.

I purchased a new video card thinking I killed my video connection and that didn't do anything. The monitor originally connects into a port on the motherboard. Could I of killed the hard motherboard? The monitor is good as I tried a backup one and neither one could make a connection to the computer. The motherboard is about a year old as it was replaced.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Drenton

Please take a look at this old thread: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic26402.html

There's a chance you might have pulled out the jumpers from MB to the vaccuum. Inspect closely and also listen closely to see if there was any changes when you powers up the pc. If you hears something aside of fan and hard drive noises.... good luck. ;)

Back