I connect my a USB cable in the front of my PC and then reboot?

Hello Tech spot people.

When i connect a USB cable to the front USB hook ups my PC reboots. I don't really have to connect the cable just when the metal from the USB hits the metal USB dock. the pc will reboot.

Here are my PC specs
1100 AMD 6 core
8 GB flare ram 2000MHZ
750 antecs power supply
g force 275 GPU
Tower- HAF X
Asus MB Crosshair formula
yes i do have the system O.C. But only by the MB O.C Recommendations

I built the system my shelf. the problem just started to day ago i have had it for 3 weeks now

Sounds like the motherboard is shorting to the case or the power supply is defective. Hang the power supply outside the case with it still connected to the motherboard and see if this USB reboot issue still exists. If not, replace the power supply

Now its not just my. Usb that is rebooting my pc it's any electrical shock from me. i have my pc on a static mat that i use to discharge my stuff when i plug it in and that work but is vary anoing. would it still be the mother board?

I connect my a USB cable in the front of my PC and then reboot

try me PC in a nother room?
I hate to think its my mother board. would the problem happen when i first started the pc right after the build? it did not happen untill after three weeks? im going to buy a new power supply. the Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1000 1000W Continuous Power ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply.
The curent one i have is only a 750 and i think im asking to nuch from it.
One other question because this power supply is compatible with Core i7/Core i5. will it be ok for my AMD gaming Pc i have
You have been alot of help I really thank you for helping out a noob like me

Thanks Tmagic650

Static electricity is not good for any electronics including computers. It sounds like your house wiring is not grounded properly. A new power supply won't hurt, but if it is caused by faulty house grounding, the problem will re occur soon

Back