I did the Memtest86+ with seven passes

anttg408

So I did the memtest and its defiinetly my memory / hardrive I got 686 errors. What do I do now ? And the proccess of doing whatever I need to do?

Thank you guys for helping me really narrow down this Problem.

Errors with the memory or hard drive or both? If it is memory, you will have to replace the bad stick if you have more than one memory stick installed. If it is the hard drive, a disk check while attempting to repair, might fix it

I think its my memory and how much would a new memory stick cost. but if it is my hardrive I have already disk chkd.

So it is your memory that gave you 686 errors when you ran Memtest86 right? How many memory sticks are installed on the motherboard? One or two or...?

yeah when i ran memtest 86 i got the 686 errors. And im not sure if i have 2 or one and how would i check that?

The cost of new RAM depends on the capacity and speed of each stick and whether it is DDR, DDR2 or DDR3. What kind do you have?

Okay so i opened it and i actually have 4 ram sticks but when i opened them i cleaned them and put them in different spots. so what should i do with the ram sticks??

Good, so one of those RAM sticks you took out is bad. It is very rare that more than one stick goes bad in a computer

Great well thanks for eveything ill let you guys know if anything. But i took out 2 sticks could any devices not work? I don't know if it was because the last BSOD that crashed my comp maybe crashed my driver but my microphone doesn't work.

I uninstalled then reinstalled my real tek driver. Any ideas ? :]

What are your complete computer specs? See my specs in the upper right-side of this post for ideas of what we need

Im not sure on a couple of them but i have Realtek High Definition Audio Driver and OS Windows 7 Ultimate. Biostar TA880G+ MOBO. Finally, ATI Raedon 4500 HD series.

Nope. everything is recongnized, its all here. the bar near my microphone doesn't move at all and i cant record or anything like that.

Back