TechSpot

I don't know what is going on with my wireless.

By pokadotbug
Nov 8, 2006
  1. I live in a college apartment complex where we just got wireless service. The other night I was on the internet and it kicked me off of the webpage and then off of the network. It flashed a blue screen, rebooted my computer, and then froze when it restarted. I had to restart it again for it to work. Now, whenever I put in my wireless card to try and find the network or wireless connection, it searches without ever finding it. And, while I am searching, it does the whole blue screen/reboot thing. I turned off automatically reboot and the blue screen read as follows:

***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xBFE1E947)
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

*** Address BFE1E947 base at BFE18000, DateStamp 414b1bfe-Mrv8000c.sys
    Beginning dump of physical memory
    Phsical memory dump complete. Contact your system adminstator or technical support group.

Any ideas?

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Mrv8000c.sys. This is your wireless lan card driver. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. If that doesn`t help, then maybe your wireless card has died, in which case you`ll need to replace it.

Let us know the results.

Regards Howard :)

3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

I had a similar problem with my work laptop. For some reason whenever it tried to connect to a TKIP wireless network it would blue screen. I had to change my wireless setting to use AES instead. Sometimes things are just screwey like that

BTW
    :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.