I don't know what is going on with my wireless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in a college apartment complex where we just got wireless service. The other night I was on the internet and it kicked me off of the webpage and then off of the network. It flashed a blue screen, rebooted my computer, and then froze when it restarted. I had to restart it again for it to work. Now, whenever I put in my wireless card to try and find the network or wireless connection, it searches without ever finding it. And, while I am searching, it does the whole blue screen/reboot thing. I turned off automatically reboot and the blue screen read as follows:

***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xBFE1E947)
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

*** Address BFE1E947 base at BFE18000, DateStamp 414b1bfe-Mrv8000c.sys
Beginning dump of physical memory
Phsical memory dump complete. Contact your system adminstator or technical support group.

Any ideas?

Mrv8000c.sys. This is your wireless lan card driver. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. If that doesn`t help, then maybe your wireless card has died, in which case you`ll need to replace it.

Let us know the results.

Regards Howard :)

I had a similar problem with my work laptop. For some reason whenever it tried to connect to a TKIP wireless network it would blue screen. I had to change my wireless setting to use AES instead. Sometimes things are just screwey like that

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back