I doubt if it is the right area for this question? But please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rude_rocker8632

This thing isn't really a problem because i don't use it but once i found out about it it is a nuisence in my run thingy in start i cannot run

cmd

when i enter it so i went manually and entered it and it worked but in the filei cannot run the "PING" prompt either any clue what's wrong people

the error window come up and says

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\ping.com is not a valid win32 application"

I never put in PING.com just PING WTF?!?!?!?!

HELP!

If I want to ping something,I type cmd.exe in the run box,then when the prompt appears,I type ping yahoo.com

Note the space between ping and yahoo.

yahoo.com is an example there.

Rude_rocker8632 said:
you didn't read my thread properly
I did read your thread properly,I just wasn`t quite sure exactly what you had tried.

By stating the correct method,I have now clarified the situation.:)

I`m now thinking your problem is almost certainly caused by spyware HERE
A number of Trojans disable network related software,not just the one referred to in that link.

I suggest you go HERE and follow the instructions,then post an HJT log in the Security and the Web forum.

Rude_rocker8632 said:
I have done that before but again it is just a nuisience thank you anyway i'll yake it to a tech to be sure
I still think it would be a good idea if you posted another HJT log for Howard to look at,before you resort to a Tech.

It won`t do any harm,and could save you money.If the log is clean, then you could try plan B.

sounds like highjacked
it should be ping.exe
look for ping exe in system folder
if you see a instance of ping.com delete it reboot make sure it does not come back
look for dwnld of fresh install of ping.exe
I would say some trojun got you or virus sorry

anyway,
you don't need a download of ping. it's already on the xp cd.
do: sfc /scannow
this is the system file checker that checks for corrupted or infected files and replaces them. you need xp cd for this.
you can also run vcleaner.exe to clean viruses
get vcleaner.exe from here: it's designed for over 598 viruses.
http://www.grisoft.com/doc/112/lng/us/tpl/tpl01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back