TechSpot

I get BSOD when I watch some videos

By yoody
Apr 6, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I'm having this problem for long time when I watch videos and I used to just push restart when I'm about to get bluescreen. When I'm about to get BSOD, there is no sound from player and after few seconds I get BSOD. I got tired of getting BSOD so I formatted windows yesterday but I still get BSOD when I'm watching videos. I'm running windows 2003 enterprise on intel p4 3.06 GHz PC2700 2GB ram Nvidia 7800GS 93.81driver. Please help me solve this problem, thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,171   +37

0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER
    A kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.

The driver is question is a sound card driver e10kx2k.sys

3. yoody

yoody TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for reply, I just updated with newer version of sound card driver and it seems good for now. My new driver is now ctaud2k.sys. I will post back if I get BSOD again. Thank you so much Route44!

4. Route44

You are most welcome. :) Please do us a favor and let us know if stability continues (or not).

5. yoody

yoody TS Rookie Topic Starter

I haven't gotten any BSOD for few days now so it must have been sound card driver problem. I'm so happy that I don't have to worry about BSOD. Thanks again Route44 and techspot rocks!

6. Route44

Good to hear and thanks for the update. It will help others.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.