I have a big problem, who can offer help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everyone,
I am new to this site. Still puzzled about how to make a post ....
My computer does not start up anylonger after I have entered my useraccount with my password. The screen only will show the wallpaper of my desktop, not the icons etc. Also not the START menu ....
The only thing I can get to work is the Task Manager which will show me the processes ..... ? I could make a picture of the screen with my photocammera ....

Does anyone know what I should do? So I am unable to run any removal program / anti-virusprogram or whatever.

Really frustrating ....!!! Can not access my files etc.

Could anyone give me advice?

I can see 5 SVCHOST.EXE processes with large memory requirements relative tot he other programs .... however these 5 do not show usage of CPU. Non-active systems shows a value of 99 or 98 ..... still nothing is working ........

Well it's going to be hard to do anything unless we can get some programs loaded on there to scan with.

So what happens when you hold the windows key on your keyboard and press R

does a run box pop up?

If so type explorer.exe

See if this gets your desktop loaded, if so then...

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the forums using the paper clip icon above your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back