I have a boot loop (XP SP2). I disable automatic restart on system failure but still

skoscielak

I caught either a virus or a mailware. Avast, SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes got rid of them but I still have issues.

I have a boot loop (XP SP2). I disable automatic restart on system failure but still no good.
I can not start in any of the normal, last know or in Safe Modes, I get errors and it reboots.

I can not boot from my XP disk. I did pull the drive and bring it up as a 2nd drive on my laptop. That is how I got rid of the virus and/or mailware.

Can I copy a back up of anything while it is attached to the laptop?

Thanks in advance
Steve

One more bit of info. I pulled the drive and attached it to my laptop again and ran Avast, SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes. 2 new issues.

I am getting more errors and under my user I am getting this error message

“Documents and Settings\Home is not accessible
Access is denied”

One more bit of info. I pulled the drive and attached it to my laptop again and ran Avast, SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes. 2 new issues.

I am getting more errors and under my user I am getting this error message

“Documents and Settings\Home is not accessible
Access is denied”
Sorry i can't help with your first boot loop problem. But to fix "Access Denied" messages when you connect the drive to your other computer you need to "Take Ownership" of the files and folders.

If you're running XP, see HERE. Google for similar instructions if you're running Vista or Win 7

Back