TechSpot

I have a huge problem with my computer. I think its a virus

By tiona86
Jul 28, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have this red background with a yellow caution sign on my desktop that reads "Spyware infection detected". I can't even open up my security software. In fact I can't open anything! I can't even system restore because I can't get into my control panel. I tried the <CTRL><F11> at start up but that did not work. Every time I try to open something it shows a message saying "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel". It says that for everything located on my Local Disk (C:) drive. It's like my whole hard drive was wiped clean! Just a couple days ago I started receiving a lot of pop-ups from something called Intelligent Advisor. I don't know where that came from but I do know that today my computer crashed if you will. Please help me. When I open up My Computer, it does not show my (C:) drive at all!
  2. surfersaiyan

surfersaiyan TS Enthusiast Posts: 124

have you tried booting in safe mode?
  3. adu123

adu123 TS Maniac Posts: 301

You should post your malware-related problem in the Security forum, so malware experts can assist you better.
  4. tiona86

tiona86 TS Rookie Topic Starter

thank you! i tried booting in safe mode... still the same thing
  5. adu123

adu123 TS Maniac Posts: 301

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.