I have a huge problem with my computer. I think its a virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiona86

I have this red background with a yellow caution sign on my desktop that reads "Spyware infection detected". I can't even open up my security software. In fact I can't open anything! I can't even system restore because I can't get into my control panel. I tried the <CTRL><F11> at start up but that did not work. Every time I try to open something it shows a message saying "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel". It says that for everything located on my Local Disk (C drive. It's like my whole hard drive was wiped clean! Just a couple days ago I started receiving a lot of pop-ups from something called Intelligent Advisor. I don't know where that came from but I do know that today my computer crashed if you will. Please help me. When I open up My Computer, it does not show my (C drive at all!
Edit/Delete Message

First you need to follow the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions here, and then attached the required logs.

Well i tried what you had suggested and anything i download to my computer gives me the same error message. I CAN'T OPEN ANYTHING. My Internet explorer doesn't work, only my mozilla firefox and that's only through the start menu. Anything i click on my desktop and in the start menu says the same thing. i have absolutely NO hard drive. i have CA anti-spyware and anti-virus but that doesn't open either. i have no idea what i should do. i can't restore my system or anything. EVERYTHING IS GONE!!! i can't remove a virus when i cant even get into my control panel. HELP...

I had come across a similar problem long ago.
The best solution was to format and re-install the OS, cause whatever you try the virus files wil still remain.

You might want to take a backup of files you need. If you already have a backup then you are in good shape.

However, since you indicate you can use Mozilla Firefox, you might want to try using the online scanners if you can connect to the net through your PC.

Try one or more antivirus solutions that support virusscan through Firefox like ->
housecall65.antivirus.com

Cheers,

In fact I can't open anything!
What exactly can you OPEN then? Does the same thing happened in safe mode?

Sound like you have a serious infection, you can also try running the Kaspersky Online Scanner to see what it picks up, but I think the best solution for you is just to re-format you computer, which cleans all the nasty!

If you are running Window XP, this tutorial https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic53502.html will teach you how to re-format your drive. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back