I have received a STOP: 0x000000BE error, what should I do?

Slick21

I have received a STOP: 0x000000BE error randomly

This happened once while I was browsing on Google Chrome, clicked a channel on a video streaming website called Battlecam.(Never had a problem with the site, I've been surfing on it for about year now. The computer just shut down and I have received the following error message:

STOP 0x000000BE(0xC0000005, 0xBF9535DF, 0xEE7DBC00, 0x00000000)

win32k.sys - Address BF9535DF base at BF800000 Datestamp 4bdd1407

From what I understand, based off of my searching, this due to some problems related to Google Chrome or possibly a virus. My anti-virus is fully updated and I already did a fully scan. It was nothing but 5 tracking cookies as usual. I'm currently browsing on Fire Fox as I am scared it might happen again on Chrome.

Anybody know any solutions step by step to prevent this from happening again? The minidump is attached below.

Attachments

• Mini032312-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 4
I note that your XP is still in Service Pack 2. We here at TechSpot strongly suggest all XP users update to Service Pack 3 for both security and stability reasons.

Thus update to SP3 and let us know if stability returns. If not please attach the 5 most recent minidump files in your next post not including the one you already gave.

Oops! You beat me again T! :)

Is this a laptop or a desktop PC? What is its make and model?

It is a Dell PC. No idea about the make and model, any way to find it?

I note that your XP is still in Service Pack 2. We here at TechSpot strongly suggest all XP users update to Service Pack 3 for both security and stability reasons.

Thus update to SP3 and let us know if stability returns. If not please attach the 5 most recent minidump files in your next post not including the one you already gave.

Oops! You beat me again T! :)

I went on Chrome and it looks to be in stable. Should I still upgrade to service pack 3?

Yes, the model should be on the front near the power button (Desktop PC). Something like Optiplex or Dimension...The make is Dell. Upgrade to Service Pack 3.

Ok I see. The model is Dimension 2400.

The PC seems to be stable now, but I'll be I'll try to update to SP 3 to be on the safe side.

"The PC seems to be stable now, but I'll be I'll try to update to SP 3 to be on the safe side"...

This Dimension 2400 is about 6 years old now? After you apply XP Service Pack 3 there will be about 120 more updates to apply. Do the hardware updates too

Go to Start, all Programs, Windows Update. A webpage will open. Select "Go" and follow the instructions to set up a "new" Windows Update page. Keep running Windows Update until no more updates are found. Be prepared to spend quite a while updating XP. The .NET Framework updates are especially long in installing

Back