I have the Downloader.Generic6.JMP Trojan, how do I delete this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverWolf240

I was running my virus scanner, and I noticed that I recieved notification that I the Downloader.Generic6.JMP Trojan horse. And this isn't the first time that I have recieved this. I got it the last three times I ran my Virus checker. How do I get this off my computer?

What is this entry?

Go to add/remove programs and remove (if there)
AskBar
Unless you are overly attched to it I would get rid of the Yahoo! toolbar as it really isnt that necessary.

Then boot into safe mode and show all hidden files and folders, and search for and delete all insances of,
AskBar

Run another scan through with AVG antispyware and make sure its set to quarantine the results.

Boot back into Normal mode

Update your Java Runtime Environment
  • First try going to Start -> Control Panel -> double click Java
  • Select the Update TAb at the top
  • Click the Check for Updates button at the bottom
  • If it finds the newer version (Java 6 Update 5) Follow the on screen instructions
  • After it installs the newest version Go back to Control Panel -> Add/remove programs
  • Uninstall any older versions of Java

If for some reason you couldn't update through the above instructions.
  • Click the following link
    Java Runtime Environment 6 Update 5
  • The 4th option down is the one you want (click Download)
  • Check the box to agree to terms of service
  • Check the box for your operating system and click 'Download selected'at the bottom
  • After the install Go to Start-> Control Panel-> add/remove programs (Programs and features), and uninstall any old versions
  • Navigate to C:\programfiles\Java -> delete any subfolders except the jre1.6.0_05 folder
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

run HJT again and post a new log file.

Before you do, what is this entry?

C:\Program Files\Lunabar\Lunabar.exe

I mean to ask in my last post but got distracted.

Is this the proper version of this?
SurfControl Virtual Control Agent

Have HJT fix this entry,
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)

Other than that your log looks pretty clean to me, you could hang around and get a second opinionif you wanted.

Have you been having any problems?

I haven't been having any problems with it. In fact, I should actually just delete the program since I don't use it all anymore. In fact I don't even know why I still have that on my computer.

Well sure delete it then we'll see where we stand, your logs are looking at lot better now.

Maybe after this is done we can put it to rest.

Ok then, looks good.

Have HJT fix this entry,
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to create a clean restore point,

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

Good luck, and if you have any further problems then please use this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back