TechSpot

I have trouble installing Windows 7

By siyavi
Dec 8, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turns out to be more difficult installing than I thought.

So I have the Windows 7 Professional Upgrade I bought with student discount.

Now I am trying to do custom install.

The problem is that it stalls at "Completing Installation..." The dots still work. 1 2 3. You know.

I tried taking out video card according to: http://www.sevenforums.com/125431-post7.html

I tried unplugging all USB device and disabling USB ports in BIOS.

I am stumped here. If I attempt to upgrade from disc instead of going into Windows, I get "device drivers not found".

I suspect all of this have to do with the ICH9 model. Please help?
  2. siyavi

siyavi Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 21

I'm glad I keep finding solutions to my own problems.

:D

It turns out I was being impatience. I waited 1 hour and was wondering. I was like *shrug* and went to bed. 4-5 hours later, poof it worked.
  3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

there are MANY graphics driver issues with windows 7. run windows 7 upgrade advisor to see if your computer is upgradable. I could not put 7 on BOTH of my computers at the house. Both desktop (raid driver issues) and my laptop (graphics card drivers lacking).
    I wasted $100 for nothing. Too bad, 7 does run faster than XP.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.